Case Study: Through the Eyes of the Patient and the Health Care Professional.
Read the two specified case histories and choose one for this assignment.
Chapter 4, “Stories of Abby: An Ojibwa Journey” and Chapter 14, “Stories of Shanti: Culture and Karma,” by Gelfland, Raspa, and Sherylyn, from End-of-Life Stories: Crossing Disciplinary Boundaries (2005), from the the GCU Library.
Identify your role as a health care professional in supporting Abby or Shanti’s dying rituals, and in creating strategies for displaying respect while still providing quality care. Integrate your strategies as you develop a care plan describing how you would approach the situation and care for the patient. Review the “Care Plan” template prior to beginning.
Include the following in your care plan:
- Communication: family and patient
- Treatment options that align with the specific culture
- Education: family and patient
- Family roles in the process
- Spiritual beliefs
- Cultural responses
- Any additional components that you feel would need to be addressed (from your perspective as a health care professional)
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.