PLEASE READ COMPLETELY BEFORE OFFERING TO DO ASSIGNMENT
NO COVER PAGE REQUIRE
READINGS: FONTAINE CHAPTERS 4 – 7
American Psychological Association (2010). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author. (ISBN 1-4338-0561-8)
Fontaine, K. L. (2015). Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Nursing Practice (4rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. (ISBN 0-13-334650-3)
Forum # 2 Assignment Instructions
Alternative health care systems, often referred to as Traditional Medicine, play a significant role in world wide health. Many people are surprised to hear homeopathy is the 2nd most used medical system worldwide with perhaps as many as 500 million users. The World Health Organization calls for the integration of alternative systems with national health care system. For this assignment we will explore that concept.
Select one of the following alternative health care systems to explore:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Arabic Unani Medicine
- Native American Medicine
- Give a general description of the system, its traditional users, and where this system might be used in the United States
- Compare and contrast the system to the health care systems in the United States
- Discuss what benefits might come by integrating that alternative system into the current health care system
- Discuss the what issues might surround integrated that alternative system into the current health care system
- Cite at least 2 credible sources of information APA style(in text and at the end of your posting). Your book can be one source.
- Your first posting is due Midnight Wednesday. A substantial posting to another student is due Midnight Saturday Eastern time.