As a counselor, being competent and familiar with risk assessment is essential to the therapeutic process; both in giving a client’s context related to treatment of their psychological symptoms and in helping the clinician prioritize short- and long-term treatment outcomes. This assignment contains three parts, as identified and described below. Please complete each part with a combined essay of 950 words.
Part 1: Write a 300–word scenario that involves a client that you believe requires a risk assessment.
Part 2: Write a 150–word summary, discussing specific behaviors that lead you to create a risk assessment.
Part 3: Write a 500-word summary, discussing how you would assess the client. Include the following in your discussion:
1. Questions you would ask to determine the client’s level of risk
2. Protocol you would follow based on the client’s answers, including documentation
3. Include at least three scholarly references in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard:
5.C.2.b. Etiology, nomenclature, treatment, referral, and prevention of mental and emotional disorders.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
24) Establish rapport, including management of crisis situations and determination of need for additional professional assistance.
26) Screen for alcohol and other drug toxicity, withdrawal symptoms, aggression or danger to others, and potential for self-inflicted harm or suicide.
70) Describe and document treatment process, progress, and outcome.
87) Apply crisis management skills.
94) Describe and summarize client behavior within the group for the purpose of documenting the client’s progress and identifying needs/issues that may require modification of the treatment plan.