Difference between a sociologist and a journalist.
- Summarize the articles.
- Provide a comparison and contrast of how a sociologist and a journalist approach the subject (For
example, what is considered convincing evidence? What are the standards of objectivity or “fairness” in
discussing a topic? What are the differences in the amount of attention given to the larger social context of
a problem? What are the differences in the sophistication of the causal reasoning)?
- Include detailed references of the articles as an appendix.
D. Criteria for evaluation
- Accuracy of summary.
- Integration with class and with readings.
- Level of critical analysis as opposed to pure summary.
- Composition and mechanics.
The post Difference between a sociologist and a journalist appeared first on homework handlers.