NR449 Evidence Based Practice
Does satisfaction among patients in a med-surg unit improve when treated by nurses and physicians who’ve participated in communication training, compared to those patients treated by nurses and physicians who have not completed communication training?
1.Problem is described: What is the focus of your group’s work?
2.Significance of the problem is described: What health outcomes result from your problem? Or what statistics document this is a problem? You may find support on websites for government or professional organizations.
3.What will your paper do or describe? “The purpose of this paper is to . . .”
Describe in the body of the paper the following
• What concepts have been studied?
• What methods have been used?
• Who are the participants or members of the samples?
• What instruments have been used? Did the authors describe the reliability and validity?
• How do you answer your original “purpose of this paper” question? Do the findings of the articles provide evidence for your answers? If so, how? If not, what is still needed to be able to answer your question?
• What is needed for the next step? Identify two questions that can help guide the group’s work.
Conclusion: Review major findings in your paper in a summary paragraph.
1.Use headings for each section: Problem, Synthesis of the Literature (Concepts, Methods, Participants, Instruments, Implications for Future Work), Conclusion.
2.APA format (sixth ed.): Appendices follow references.
3. Paper length: Atleast Three pages
NR449 RUA A
NR449 RUA A