You have been practicing counseling skills either on a volunteer or on yourself throughout this course. This paper is an opportunity to reflect on everything you learned. It is also an opportunity to examine yourself as a potential counselor. You may write in the first-person perspective in this assignment.
Write a 500-750-word paper addressing the following:
- What is the most significant information you learned about the skills required to be an effective counselor? Were there any skills that surprised you as you worked through the course?
- What are your strengths as a potential counselor? These could be attending or communication skills, attitudes or behaviors that will be an asset in the counseling role.
- What skills do you think will be most difficult for you? What might be your handicaps as a counselor?
- What are some specific actions you will take to prepare yourself for your future practicum experience?
- Explain the role of consultant-counselor. Do you see yourself acting in this role? Why or why not?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard: 2.F.5.c. Theories, models, and strategies for understanding and practicing consultation.